RIVER OF GOLD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RIVER OF GOLD

A place where community and maturity overcome adversity.

HomeWelcome!Latest imagesRegisterLog in

Retribution Paladin PvP guide

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ellune

Ellune

Retribution Paladin PvP guide Empty
PostSubject: Retribution Paladin PvP guide   Retribution Paladin PvP guide Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 4:15 pm

Hello and welcome to Retribution Paladin PvP guide for 4.0.6 patch

Stats:
Hit-5%
Expertise-5%
Then go like this:
Crit>Mastery

Gem:
Meta: 54 Strenght+ 3% Increased critical damage.
Red: Strenght
Yellow: Resil or Strenght+resil
Blue: strenght+stamina

Glyphs:

Prime:
Glyph of Templar's Verdict
Glyph of Word of Glory
Glyph of Seal of Truth

Major:
Glyph of Cleanse
Glyph of Turn Evil
Glyph of Hammer of Justice

Minor:
Whatever you want.

Talents:

First of all there is 2 specs. Healing spec and control spec.

http://db.mmo-champion.com/utils/talents/#k=7BvxqmOc.bqj.paladin. - healing spec - I use that
http://db.mmo-champion.com/utils/talents/#k=Cb5YetUL.bqj.paladin. - control spec

First (healing spec) is very useful in arenas, because you can heal your team mates.
Second (control spec) is a spec where you got 4 sec Stun, which can be very useful for CC.

Macros:
(Arena macros)
NOTE:Thise macros allow you to support your team mate without targeting him!
Support:
/cast [@NameOfYourPartner] Word of Glory - Heal your partner
/cast [@NameOfYourPartner] Hand of Sacrifice - Transfering 30% dmg to your self.
/cast [@NameOfYourPartner] Hand of Protection - Bubbling your arena partner
/cast [@NameOfYourPartner] Hand of Freedom - Freedom your partner

Easy CC macros:
Right click, set focus on your enemy player which you want to CC:
(recomanded gladius addon)
/cast [@focus] Hammer of Justice
/cast [@focus] Repentence
/cast [@focus] Rebuke

Other macros:
/cast Avenging Wrath
/cast Zealotry
/use Bloodthirsty Gladiator's Badge of Vicious

Thats all for now, if I've missed something, let me now Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVzljDmoPVs
Cheekz

Cheekz

PostSubject: Re: Retribution Paladin PvP guide   Retribution Paladin PvP guide Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 7:49 am

Hey,

thanks for posting that Smile I'd just want to add a few things:

From my point of View, Glyph of Crusaderstrike is a good alternative to Glyph of Turn Evil just because you barely see any warlocks in molten and since you have 2 stuns for Undeads (and DK pets dont Spell-lock/eat buffs) its usually not a big problem to get them feared in time (just a personal pref.)

Also i personally prefer Mastery over crit and i dont Gem for resilience both of that for the same reason:
i play a comp where i usually dont get focussed so i dont have to kite and survive big nukes
(for dmg: crit>mastery when you have to kite alot because you cant train a target; mastery>crit when you CAN train a target and dont have to kite and run around alot)
(for filling more of a support role (that is especially in 3s) crit>mastery because you will kite more AND your WoG benefits from crit only and not from mastery!)

Minor Glyphs:

I personally go with Seal of Insight, Seal of Truth and Seal of Justice
-> Sealswap Macro (casts Seal of Truth on the
first cast, seal of insight on the second and then it starts from the
beginning, used to swap when under heavy pressure and again when that
pressure is gone)

#showtooltip
/castsequence !Seal of Truth, !Seal of Insight
---
Oh, and you can add Guardian of the Kings to the oneshot macro, i personally do that because i almost always use them together anyway ^.^

Other macros:
/cast Avenging Wrath
/cast Zealotry
/cast Guardian of Ancient Kings
---
On all focus macros i personally would add

/cast [@focus, exists]
---
Doing that lets you cast the ability on the same button even if you have no focus (will be used on your target)

For the Supportspecc:
http://db.mmo-champion.com/utils/talents/#k=7BvxqmOc.bqj.paladin.

i would suggest not getting Seals of the Pure but to get 2/2 Eternal Glory (with RNG luck you can heal up a target from 10 to 100% in like 5 seconds not even using mana NOR HoPo) and to get Sanctity of Battle 1/1 (since you alrdy have Judgements of the Pure your CS benefits from the CDR)

Those are just some of my thoughts, hope i could show some alternatives Smile
Back to top Go down
Ellune

Ellune

PostSubject: Re: Retribution Paladin PvP guide   Retribution Paladin PvP guide Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 8:24 am

That's nice.. I just copied this from what Ralhane gave me. Smile
Never played paladin.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVzljDmoPVs
Ralhane

Ralhane

PostSubject: Re: Retribution Paladin PvP guide   Retribution Paladin PvP guide Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 2:00 am

Cheekz wrote:

From my point of View, Glyph of Crusaderstrike is a good alternative to Glyph of Turn Evil just because you barely see any warlocks in molten and since you have 2 stuns for Undeads (and DK pets dont Spell-lock/eat buffs) its usually not a big problem to get them feared in time (just a personal pref.)

Also i personally prefer Mastery over crit and i dont Gem for resilience both of that for the same reason:
i play a comp where i usually dont get focussed so i dont have to kite and survive big nukes
(for dmg: crit>mastery when you have to kite alot because you cant train a target; mastery>crit when you CAN train a target and dont have to kite and run around alot)
(for filling more of a support role (that is especially in 3s) crit>mastery because you will kite more AND your WoG benefits from crit only and not from mastery!)

---
Oh, and you can add Guardian of the Kings to the oneshot macro, i personally do that because i almost always use them together anyway ^.^

Other macros:
/cast Avenging Wrath
/cast Zealotry
/cast Guardian of Ancient Kings
---

i would suggest not getting Seals of the Pure but to get 2/2 Eternal Glory (with RNG luck you can heal up a target from 10 to 100% in like 5 seconds not even using mana NOR HoPo) and to get Sanctity of Battle 1/1 (since you alrdy have Judgements of the Pure your CS benefits from the CDR)

First what i copied Smile
If DK turn Lichborne and you don't stop his heals, you gonna probably lose your arena. Wasting stun for that is so stupid since paladins almost dont have CC.

Second line:
This guide is based on 3s arena, but also on 2s. Mastery on ret is for PvE since you are support class, and defensive hybrid. You will not be able to use alot of templars on your target in 3s.

Third line about macro:
That macro is really bad, because your guardian got stacks which increase your strenght up to 20%. If you put him in macro you will not be able to get 20 stacks with full duration of your wings/zealotry.

Four: Seal of Truth is your main seal. Why ? For example every decent DPS will kite you, and then your censure is your main attack. Also censure dot increase your judgment dmg up to 50%.
And bout eternal glory. You got a chance, and since i tested something about that, its almost the same on 10% and 20%.
Sanctity of Battle is clearly PvE talent, coz judgement hit harder then CS. Your CS is there just to generate holy power, nothing elise.
Back to top Go down
Cheekz

Cheekz

PostSubject: Re: Retribution Paladin PvP guide   Retribution Paladin PvP guide Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 8:58 am

Quote :
If DK turn Lichborne and you don't stop his
heals, you gonna probably lose your arena. Wasting stun for that is so
stupid since paladins almost dont have CC.

Yes, if he has his CD up you shouldnt stun the Pet with Exo-proccs but you can stun him with Holy Wrath if the DK is next to you.

Quote :
This guide is based on 3s arena, but also on 2s.
Mastery on ret is for PvE since you are support class, and defensive
hybrid. You will not be able to use alot of templars on your target in
3s.

Yes, that's what i said -
Quote :
(for filling more of a support role (that is
especially in 3s) crit>mastery because you will kite more AND your
WoG benefits from crit only and not from mastery!)

Quote :
That macro is really bad, because your guardian
got stacks which increase your strenght up to 20%. If you put him in
macro you will not be able to get 20 stacks with full duration of your
wings/zealotry.

Agreed! I was wrong there and will change the way i use it - thanks! :3

Quote :
Your CS is there just to generate holy
power, nothing elise.

And that's the reason why i get SoB Razz

I really like talking about those things since it's hard to find threads about outdated patches and its easier to improve yourself when someone else tells you stuff Smile

HereĀ“s Vanguards thoughts on 4.0.6 re-written

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2112372716

It's all about constantly improving, thanks for helping me with that! Smile

Cheekz
Back to top Go down
Ralhane

Ralhane

PostSubject: Re: Retribution Paladin PvP guide   Retribution Paladin PvP guide Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 1:58 pm

Yes, if he has his CD up you shouldnt stun the
Pet with Exo-proccs but you can stun him with Holy Wrath if the DK is
next to you.

He should be feared of cced for full duration of his lichborne. Hes probably gonna trinket that, then you got rep.

Vanguards guide is for retail, this is molten Smile
I've played on retail since cataclysm start, and rets there (4.0.6), and here on molten are different Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Retribution Paladin PvP guide   Retribution Paladin PvP guide Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Retribution Paladin PvP guide
Page 1 of 1